This Town - Off Topic Discussion

Off Topic Discussion
Arriba627

Re: This Town - Off Topic Discussion

Post by Arriba627 »

Gorgeous cake MK! The whole "look" is so pretty and colorful, and the tulips are glorious!!! Have a beautiful day everyone. Our weather is going to be spectacular here today. 72 (22 C)degrees! Hooray!
M A I B E🐩 🐱 🔥

c3zara

Post by c3zara »

Happy Easter!
Our Easter is in 1 month, big time difference this year.
Love the photos! That lamb cake is wow, it looks like it took a lot of work :o I’ve never seen one before
“his eyes were all sparkly and full of dreams”

Arriba627

Post by Arriba627 »

As a tribute to all of us who've made it through a bit of a tough year, here is the lamb cake I posted on FB last year, April 12. I remember thinking by summer the whole Covid mess would be behind us. Posting this as a tribute to everyone's resilience!
Attachments
Lamb Cake.jpg
Lamb Cake.jpg (46.89 KiB) Viewed 468 times
M A I B E🐩 🐱 🔥

Demarinis5

Post by Demarinis5 »

All I can say is Yummy 😋

Arriba627

Post by Arriba627 »

MaiKatze wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:59 am
Happy Easter to y'all, celebrating or not! I made an Easter Lamb Cake (which is tradition here) and would like to share it with you, virtually! :lol:
My inner baker is wondering about the chocolate on the cake -- did you drizzle melted chocolate on it or apply it with a knife? It looks so professional!!!!
M A I B E🐩 🐱 🔥

MaiKatze

Post by MaiKatze »

Arriba627 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:39 pm
Gorgeous cake MK! The whole "look" is so pretty and colorful, and the tulips are glorious!!! Have a beautiful day everyone. Our weather is going to be spectacular here today. 72 (22 C)degrees! Hooray!
Thank you so much Arriba, also for the compliment for the tulips! I love the colors, too! Enjoy your day in the sun!
c3zara wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:43 pm
Happy Easter!
Our Easter is in 1 month, big time difference this year.
Love the photos! That lamb cake is wow, it looks like it took a lot of work :o I’ve never seen one before
Really? They're not popular? You can buy them ready-made in supermarkets and bakeries during the the pre-easter time here in Germany. Usually they also have a little flag! And no, it's actually a very simple cake. Just normal vanilla batter. And you can get those lamb-shape baking moulds easily, too.
Arriba627 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:19 pm
My inner baker is wondering about the chocolate on the cake -- did you drizzle melted chocolate on it or apply it with a knife? It looks so professional!!!!
Yes, it's just chocolate, melted in hot water bath (don't know the english expression - you boil water and put a small bowl of chocolate into the water so it melts), and then poured over the cake. It's a very messy affair, but since I had a lot of chocolate it looks so well coated! If you miss a part, just catch some of the puddle beneath and use a knife to reapply. :lol:
「昌磨と一緒でよかった」D.T.
「Veryちょっとね!」S.L.
shomaのiPhone

c3zara

Post by c3zara »

MaiKatze wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:43 pm

Really? They're not popular? You can buy them ready-made in supermarkets and bakeries during the the pre-easter time here in Germany. Usually they also have a little flag! And no, it's actually a very simple cake. Just normal vanilla batter. And you can get those lamb-shape baking moulds easily, too.
Not only they’re not popular, I’m pretty sure you can’t find them anywhere here. We have our own traditional Easter desserts, cozonac and pasca, which everyone makes/buys, it would be considered a sacrilege to make something else :lol:

That lamb cake with the mask is so cute, Arriba :D
“his eyes were all sparkly and full of dreams”

Arriba627

Post by Arriba627 »

c3zara wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:04 pm
MaiKatze wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:43 pm

Not only they’re not popular, I’m pretty sure you can’t find them anywhere here. We have our own traditional Easter desserts, cozonac and pasca, which everyone makes/buys, it would be considered a sacrilege to make something else :lol:

That lamb cake with the mask is so cute, Arriba :D
I wish I could claim that I made the cake, but no such luck! He is a cute little guy! A year ago, we were all feeling kind of sad, and it was fun to see something where people were trying to have a little humor!...You must celebrate Orthodox Easter. c3zara. My hairdresser's family roots are Serbian, and she was telling me they will celebrate in May. Is zacusca considered an Easter thing? That's one of my favorite Romanian things.

Got it MK, kinda like making petit fours where you drizzle the frosting. Definitely messy at the time, but the finished project is cool. +5 GOE on the cake! (clapping emoji)
M A I B E🐩 🐱 🔥

Lyyli

Post by Lyyli »

HAPPY EASTER! Nice to hear about your Easter celebrations! I´ve also got tulips as well, yellow and orange, and also a special little chocolate bunny🐰 beside other decorations🐥🐤🐣 on the table. C3zara, I guess your pasca is the same Easter dessert we have here too, it is called pasha here. It came to Finland with Karelian people who were forced to leave their homes when Finland lost Karelia to Russia in the past. The most traditional Easter dessert here is mämmi, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A4mmi though. It is a relief that the spring is finally here and the summer is not that far away. It has been a tough year indeed. Hopefully life gets better little by little.

Arriba627

Post by Arriba627 »

Way OT for the moment, but I am celebrating that I just made my January hotel reservation for U.S. Nats! Ha! Hey, hope springs eternal. I am going to believe that it will happen with an in-person audience. We'll see. This will be an exciting one, since the Olympics participants will be chosen according to how things go.
M A I B E🐩 🐱 🔥