This Town - Off Topic Discussion

Off Topic Discussion
admin
Site Admin

This Town - Off Topic Discussion

Post by admin »

Everything under the sun, not about Shoma and Figure Skating (is that even possible?) :lol:

MaiKatze

Re: This Town - Off Topic Discussion

Post by MaiKatze »

Happy Easter everyone! Did the Easter Bunny visit you? Did you go on an Easter Egg Hunt? Unfortunately it's rainy and cold here in Germany. Spring is slowly starting this year, but it still feels more like Winter.
「昌磨と一緒でよかった」D.T.
「Veryちょっとね!」S.L.
shomaのiPhone

Latremu

Post by Latremu »

Happy Easter, everyone!! I just got back home today and jet lag with barely any sleep on the long flight home knocked me out the whole day. Fortunately, some kiddo nephews and nieces were here, we gave them the easter egg chocolates we got during the trip. I hope everyone has had a good week and will have a great one ahead!

Bel

Post by Bel »

Happy Easter!
I see no limits, that’s what I see 💫

Arriba627

Post by Arriba627 »

Latremu wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:28 pm
Happy Easter, everyone!! I just got back home today and jet lag with barely any sleep on the long flight home knocked me out the whole day. Fortunately, some kiddo nephews and nieces were here, we gave them the easter egg chocolates we got during the trip. I hope everyone has had a good week and will have a great one ahead!
Oh, so you stayed an extra week?! How nice. Did you do a lot of sightseeing? I wish I had stayed maybe 2 extra days, but by the end, I was so tired I was ready to come home...How many hours is your flight?

Welcome home! Today I am just about beginning to feel like I am over the jet lag.
M A I B E🐩 🐱 🔥

Latremu

Post by Latremu »

Arriba627 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:41 am
Oh, so you stayed an extra week?! How nice. Did you do a lot of sightseeing? I wish I had stayed maybe 2 extra days, but by the end, I was so tired I was ready to come home...How many hours is your flight?

Welcome home! Today I am just about beginning to feel like I am over the jet lag.
Thanks! I'm not really jet-lagged now, more like lacking sleep because of the work I had ignored while on vacation. :mrgreen: Went to Florence for most of the remaining week and saw Michelangelo's David and went around there. The flight is 10 hours to Hongkong then another 2 hours to Manila. Not too bad. I generally try to stay for at least two weeks whenever the flights are longer than 10 hours, since I'd already lose a day just with the round trip on the plane alone.

I'm glad you're getting over the jet lag. That can mess up the days and nights so much!

biryanione

Post by biryanione »

Welcome home Latremo! I'm glad you had a choclatfilled Easter! I as well, though wintery with a lot of strange club music. (That was the preference :cry: ) Happy Belated Easter everyone. I didn't know people were saying this HERE.
I am glad you visited Florence as well Latremo. I used to look for their leather goods you know!! (And I had assumed I knew what the David looked like. Until I saw it :o :o)

Demarinis5

Post by Demarinis5 »

Happy Belated Easter and Passover everyone. I just found this thread. I can't keep up. lol

I had a relaxing day with my family, lots of food, drink and goodies.
It was cold in my area too. Snowed a little bit yesterday but they keep telling
me Spring is coming. :)

Arriba627

Post by Arriba627 »

Latremu wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:56 pm
Arriba627 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:41 am

Thanks! I'm not really jet-lagged now, more like lacking sleep because of the work I had ignored while on vacation. :mrgreen: Went to Florence for most of the remaining week and saw Michelangelo's David and went around there.
Florence is so amazing, as is the David. I probably would have visited the Lake district if I had stayed. I needed to get home for a variety of reasons. Maybe Italy will host some competitions in the future. I could definitely see them hosting the GPF or some other events in the future.
M A I B E🐩 🐱 🔥

Latremu

Post by Latremu »

That would be fun. The Italian crowd is really supportive. Or there could also be more competitions in Spain, the crowd and the organization also seemed excellent in Barcelona (although with the political situation, that might not be as feasible).

Fun fact, did you know that you can't ship keychains to Japan? They're super strict about what gets shipped there, but apparently many things that can't be shipped in can actually be brought in personally via luggage. :| :?: Like roasted nuts. It's a little weird. Good thing stuff can get shipped out! :D